Monday, May 22, 2006

The classless communion

First day at school
And the class seemed full
We were taught our first lesson
in the early morning session
my mates learnt their ABC
while I learnt my OBC

School is almost over
I am a science lover
I asked my seniors for advice
and got a college of my choice
with help from a certificate
other than my matriculate

My parents wanted a doctor
but I would be an engineer
I wanted to build bridges
Over scattered plateaus and ridges
yes engineering is what I deserved
for my seat from birth was reserved

Studies over and I am a success
Wealth and position are in excess
Some People threw veiled aspersion
called me a product of reservation
All my life's labour lost
My struggle is now but a ghost

I am old and I am sick
doctors say it'll only be a week
I died with my family at my side
They prayed for me as they cried
could it be that my crematorium
was really my eluding sanatorium

In death I was desegregated
With all humanity, integrated
For once, there was no special pyre
All were burnt in the same fire
My life as I look back and see
Was a life reserved, but I died free

-------Anti Reservation-----------

Summer of 2006

22 Comments:

At 5:19 AM, Blogger Durgesh said...

Briliant post dude ! Long time due...

 
At 3:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Abe dunt die so early.. u owe me a couple of treats... Waise rocking poem..

 
At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Idiot this poem isn't based on me. gadha ghonchu !

 
At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont worry dude!! jus have ur AIR card wid u wherever you go and piss ppl off. hehe. the poem was a touch of class. i ws always right about ur english which was more down to earth in this piece of work though. but the way u knit your words is admirable. if i happen to make my band in the future i m gonna outsource the lyrics thingy to u. and no there wont be ne reservation for that kind of work.:P:P

 
At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

got the link for this poem from pranab.. must say real good one.. u may as well try getting it published.. Good Luck!

 
At 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mujhe nahi pata.. meri treat :(

 
At 3:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great work!! keep it up.

 
At 6:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice creation.

 
At 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fundu yaar, I've already read it thrice, will read it many more times...

 
At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sahi bey nil. Never expected you to like it so much. Thanx a tonn :-)

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazinggggg poem, first time i was able to understand ur english without refering to the dictionary..now u can write papers from my english class too as i am done with C++.


shradha patnaik

 
At 2:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its really a rebuke to our politicians
. But how will it come that they understand the bad effects of reservation

 
At 2:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

studdded with real life experinces and valid in contemporary life.great!

 
At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Useless Sandy...first complete your project...

Just kidding :)..great one...i never knew you had talent!!!

 
At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful poem Sandy!!!!!!!!!! It’s really awesome.
You never told me that you write so well, waise you chat well……..I should’ve known. The poem reflects the plight of everyone involved irrespective of social order and doctrine, good work………….

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Sunasir Dutta said...

hey gr8 to see the full poem finally - the first 4 lines u told me abt kinda got stuck in my head :p

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Voice said...

good one sandy... really.
inspite of some early hiccups ur poem ended so beautifully that one will not even remember the first part.
sorry for being late but i m more lazy than u r :D

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger PP said...

Next post plzz

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger maxi said...

a simple but powerful expression is what i wud say !

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger wildflower said...

hmm...nice poem dear blogger...first ever piece of writing that made me feel 'for' the 'reserved' people ...m always at daggerheads wid reservation...

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger LitmusTest said...

Hi Wildflower,

Just thought of putting the protest from a different perspective. Glad you liked it :)

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger unsravi said...

too much! amazing sense of rhyme!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home